2

Home LifeStyle Kate Middleton to return to duty after completing cancer treatment, palace announces

Kate Middleton to return to duty after completing cancer treatment, palace announces

0
Kate Middleton to return to duty after completing cancer treatment, palace announces

[ad_1]

The Princess of Wales has been largely absent from public life this year

The Princess of Wales has completed her cancer treatment and will ‘undertake light engagements’ until the end of the year.

Kate, 42, appeared in a deeply personal video with her family to confirm she will return to public duties following the completion of her chemotherapy course.

Her heartfelt message about her cancer journey is spoken over images showing the Waleses and their children enjoying the outdoors, walking through woods and the couple shown cuddling as they hold hands.

She describes the past nine months since her serious health issues began as “incredibly tough for us as a family” and how the “cancer journey is complex, scary and unpredictable for everyone”, with the experience giving her a “new perspective on everything.”

The princess revealed she was undergoing preventative chemotherapy after having been diagnosed with an unknown form of cancer earlier this year.

Kate has stayed largely out of the public eye since her diagnosis, having only been seen at official engagements twice since January.

The mother-of-three attended Trooping the Colour in June and presented the Wimbledon men’s trophy in July and it is now understood she will return to work this autumn.

1725912013

Who filmed Kate’s emotional video?

The Princess of Wales gave a positive update on her health in a deeply personal video released on Monday.

The video was shot by filmmaker Will Warr, who has worked with Kate and Prince William before, in 2021 when he filmed their 10th anniversary video.

That film – much like the most recent – showed the couple with their three children enjoying some precious family time together.

Mr Warr is the creative director of Detail Films and also does wedding films.

Athena Stavrou9 September 2024 21:00

1725908407

Starmer sends well wishes to Kate

The prime minister has said he is “pleased to hear” that the Princess of Wales has completed her chemotherapy treatment as he sent his well wishes.

Sir Keir Starmer wrote on X: “Pleased to hear the Princess of Wales has finished chemotherapy. On behalf of the entire country, I send her my very best wishes for a full recovery.”

Athena Stavrou9 September 2024 20:00

1725905271

Is the shrinking Royal Family about to collapse? Join our event on the British Monarchy’s personnel crisis

The future direction of the monarchy is on a knife-edge, amid the passing of the late Queen, tense relationships, and a shrinking inner circle bolstered by an unprecedented health crisis.

The event will be hosted on Zoom and will last one hour. It will take place on Tuesday September 10 and will start at 7pm BST.

Once signed up you will be able to ask questions to the panel. You can also post questions in the comments of this article.

For more information and to sign up for a free ticket click here.

Athena Stavrou9 September 2024 19:07

1725903300

King to speak at Scottish Parliament 25th anniversary celebration

The King will address the Scottish Parliament at its 25th anniversary celebration later this month.

The event on Saturday September 28 marks a quarter of a century since the Scottish Parliament was reconvened.

Charles and the the Queen will attend and meet First Minister John Swinney and other party leaders ahead of the King’s speech in the chamber.

They will then meet people from across Scotland nominated by MSPs as “local heroes” for their extraordinary contribution to their communities at a parliamentary reception.

Scottish Parliament presiding officer Alison Johnstone, who will make opening remarks in the chamber ahead of the King’s speech, said: “25 years of the Scottish Parliament marks a significant milestone in the country’s political journey.

“I am delighted that Their Majesties The King and The Queen will join us to mark this special occasion.”

(Aaron Chown/PA Wire)

Athena Stavrou9 September 2024 18:35

1725901058

Family moments captured on film as Kate shares cancer journey update

Moments of the Princess of Wales’s family life, from snuggling with the Prince of Wales to spending precious time with her children, feature in footage released by Kate as she opened up about her cancer journey.

The montage, by filmmaker Will Warr, captures the princess enjoying the summer sunshine in the Norfolk woods with William and Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

Embraces between the princess and her husband appear throughout, with a message from Kate played as a voiceover against a backdrop of gentle music.

Kate is shown cuddling into William, with her head on his shoulders as he holds and pats her hand, as they sit on a picnic blanket in the forest.

The family is seen happily, and competitively, playing cards around a table with Kate’s parents Carole and Michael Middleton.

There are hugs for Charlotte and a cuddle and kiss on the head for George from Kate, and Louis is shown embracing his father William.

Daredevil Louis climbs high in a tree, watched by Kate at the bottom, and William uses a playing card to remove a green caterpillar from Charlotte’s hair, showing it to her which makes her squeal.

In another clip, George peers into the camera and asks: “Is this filming?” and Charlotte and Louis press their faces near the lens giggling and both saying “Hello”.

(Kensington Palace)

Athena Stavrou9 September 2024 17:57

1725899467

Full story: Kate Middleton completes cancer treatment as palace announce health update

Kate, 42, appeared in a deeply personal video with her family to confirm the news as she described the past nine months as “incredibly tough for us as a family”.

The princess has been undergoing preventative chemotherapy after having been diagnosed with an unknown form of cancer earlier this year.

Kate’s heartfelt message about her cancer journey is spoken over images showing the Waleses and their children enjoying the outdoors, walking through woods and the couple shown cuddling as they hold hands.

Read the full story here:

Athena Stavrou9 September 2024 17:31

1725898747

Kate releases message on social media

The Princess of Wales shared her deeply moving video message in a social media post on Monday afternoon.

Alongside her statement, giving an update on her health, the princess spoke over images showing the Waleses and their children enjoying the outdoors, walking through woods and the couple shown cuddling as they hold hands.

Athena Stavrou9 September 2024 17:19

1725898087

Kate to return to royal duties

The Princess of Wales will now ‘undertake a few more public engagements’ this year after completing chemotherapy treatmenent.

Kate, 42, appeared in a deeply personal video message alongside Prince William and their three children to announce the news and give an update on her health.

The princess, who is continuing to work from home, is hoping to return to a light programme of public duties for the remainder of the year, reflecting her need to make a full recovery, and aims for a handful of engagements in the coming months.

In the video, Kate says: “Doing what I can to stay cancer-free is now my focus. Although I have finished chemotherapy, my path to healing and full recovery is long and I must continue to take each day as it comes.

“I am however looking forward to being back at work and undertaking a few more public engagements in the coming months when I can.

She is also working towards appearing with the royal family at the annual Remembrance Sunday service staged at the Cenotaph in Whitehall.

The princess’ Christmas Carol concert at Westminster Abbey has become a firm fixture in the royal calendar in recent years and she has begun working with her team on the project.

Athena Stavrou9 September 2024 17:08

1725897547

‘Out of darkness, can come light’: Kate’s full statement

“As the summer comes to an end, I cannot tell you what a relief it is to have finally completed my chemotherapy treatment.

The last nine months have been incredibly tough for us as a family. Life as you know it can change in an instant and we have had to find a way to navigate the stormy waters and road unknown.

The cancer journey is complex, scary and unpredictable for everyone, especially those closest to you.

With humility, it also brings you face to face with your own vulnerabilities in a way you have never considered before, and with that, a new perspective on everything.

This time has above all reminded William and me to reflect and be grateful for the simple yet important things in life, which so many of us often take for granted. Of simply loving and being loved.

Doing what I can to stay cancer free is now my focus. Although I have finished chemotherapy, my path to healing and full recovery is long and I must continue to take each day as it comes.

I am however looking forward to being back at work and undertaking a few more public engagements in the coming months when I can.

Despite all that has gone before, I enter this new phase of recovery with a renewed sense of hope and appreciation of life.

William and I are so grateful for the support we have received and have drawn great strength from all those who are helping us at this time. Everyone’s kindness, empathy and compassion has been truly humbling.

To all those who are continuing their own cancer journey – I remain with you, side by side, hand in hand. Out of darkness, can come light, so let that light shine bright.”

(Will Warr/Kensington Palace/PA)

Athena Stavrou9 September 2024 16:59

1725897007

In pictures: Kate and William cuddle in moving video message

(The Prince and Princess of Wales)
(Kensington Palace)
(Will Warr/Kensington Palace/PA Wire EDITORS NOTE Copyright in the video is vested in The Prince and Princess of Wales. Publications and broadcasters are asked to credit the images to Will Warr/Kensington Palace. The images are being made available by way of license on condition that the images shall be solely used for news editorial purposes only. They shall not be approved for souvenirs, or memorabilia; or anything colourably similar. No charge should be made for the supply, release, publication or broadcast of the images. There shall be no commercial use whatsoever of the images (including by way of example only) any use in merchandising, advertising or any other non-news editorial use. The images must not be digitally enhanced, manipulated or modified in any manner or form. The images shall not be used after 31st December 2024, without prior permission from Kensington Palace. Any questions relating to the use of the video should be first referred to Kensington Palace and before publication or broadcast)

Athena Stavrou9 September 2024 16:50

[ad_2]

Source link